Violence Against Children in Jamaica
Violence in Jamaica is a common occurring theme. But violence against children are even more despicable and troubling. 68 of every 100,000 Jamaican children are victims of violence based on information from Unicef.org. It goes on to state that "approximately 79 per cent of children witness violence in their community or at home."
Children have Rights
Children both experiencing and seeing violence has resulted in the raising of uncaring and in many cases, cold hearted citizens. Our children are being abused not only physically, but mentally. It is our duty as citizens of Jamaica to protect all children.
- Create an effective sex offenders registry to prevent sex offenders for hurting more children.
- Improve the care of children in state care. Allow for the prosecution of any public official who abuses the rights of children in care.
- We will create a vibrant, diverse and meritocratic education system that empowers every child with the knowledge and skills they need to build and maintain a healthy mind, body and character that allows them to interact well with others; form lasting personal and professional relationships; while fully understanding and managing money effectively regardless of their chosen vocation or trade.
- We will ensure every child is being properly nourished and cared for in order to enjoy optimal mental and physical development as a valued member of our society that is expected to hold their own as very responsible adults.
- We will redesign the healthcare, education and housing sector to realize the diversity, efficiency and effectiveness of a market economy to allow the best minds among us to produce and deliver quality solutions that benefits all Jamaicans.
- We will dedicate the GCT to ensuring every citizen has access to good nutrition, education, housing and healthcare by providing employment for the unemployed to help them earn and meet their obligations as parents.
What does a UIC Government Look Like?
As Uniters, we seek to create ONE JAMAICA!
A Republic of Jamaica:
- That is not divided by class, party, colour or community.
- That protects the life, liberty and property of all citizens equally.
- That ensures everyone may live, earn and retire with dignity.
- That is among the safest, cleanest and most orderly of all nations.
A Jamaica that is United, Strong and Free.
Protecting the life, liberty and property of every citizen equally is the essential precondition for a free, fair and prosperous society.
Without this protection, there can be no peace, only poverty, crime and violence.
We must banish the use of force and fraud from our human relationships, as it is only through voluntary, mutually beneficial, exchanges may we enjoy true peace and prosperity in our families, communities and country.
Consequently, we will defend the right of everyone to engage in any activity that is peaceful and honest, and welcome the diversity, creativity and prosperity that true individual freedom brings.
The society we seek to build is one where individuals are free to follow their own dreams in their own ways, without interference from government or any authoritarian power, provided they do not infringe on the life, liberty and property of others.
Our goal is nothing more or less than a society where all are truly free to realize their full potential in a safe, clean and orderly society, and it is to this end that we take these stands.