Join The UIC
A person may become a member of the UIC if he or she is:
- a citizen of Jamaica and who is at least fourteen (14) years of age, who agrees with the vision, mission, values and philosophy of the UIC.
A person is not eligible for membership if he or she:
- is a member or supporter of another political organization registered in Jamaica
- belongs to any organizations whose actions are detrimental to or acts contrary to the UIC vision, mission, values and philosophy as determined by sections 2, 3, 4 and 6 of this Constitution
The Classification of membership shall be:
- Delegates – these are those members elected or selected, as the case may be, to vote on matters at the Annual Members Congress (AMC).
- Members – Any person who subscribes to the philosophy, vision, mission, values and objectives of the UIC and is admitted into membership by the NEC.
In order to acquire membership to the UIC a prospective member must complete the online membership form on this page.
Each membership request shall be reviewed by the Membership Committee and may be rejected by a simple majority of the members present at the Membership Committee sitting. The NEC delegates its authority on admitting members to the Membership Committee but may, at any time, choose to approve or reject any membership request directly before or after review by the Membership Committee. An applicant who has been denied does not have a right to know the reasons for his or her non-acceptance, but a reason may be given if requested by the said applicant.
To learn more about membership, click here to review the UIC Constitution.